55078 - Mobile Device Management
Duration: 2 days
About this course
At course completion
- Understand the various types of mobile devices which may connect to the enterprise.
- Determine requirements for and connecting mobile devices via domain join, Workplace Join and VPNs.
- Create a mobile device management strategy.
- Configure a mobile device management infrastructure using Microsoft System Center products and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Secure corporate data when in transit or on the devices with IPSec and BitLocker.
- Manage data security with Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Synchronize data across multiple mobile devices using Work Folders in Windows 8/Windows 8.1.
- Connecting to applications via Web Application Proxy.
Module 1: Overview of Mobile Device Management
- Lesson 1: What is Mobile Device Management?
- Lesson 2: Overview of Device Management Options
- Understand the basics of mobile device management
- Gain a high level overview of Microsoft Mobile Device Management tools
Module 2: Mobile Device Management Strategy and Infrastructure
- Lesson 1: Planning for a Mobile Device Management Strategy
- Lesson 2: Designing a Mobile Device Management Infrastructure with Windows Server 2012 R2
Lab : Create the Mobile Device Management Infrastructure
- Create a mobile device management (MDM) strategy.
- Design a mobile device management infrastructure based on Windows Server 2012 R2 technologies.
Module 3: Workplace Join and Work Folders
- Lesson 1: Workplace Join for Mobile Devices
- Lesson 2: Work Folders
Lab : Workplace Join Windows and iOS Devices
Lab : Work Folders
- Set up the requirements for Workplace Join.
- Workplace Join devices to Active Directory.
- Create the Work Folders infrastructure.
- Test Work Folders on devices.
- Resolve common application compatibility issues.
Module 4: Web Application Proxy
- Lesson 1: Web Application Proxy Overview
- Lesson 2: Installing the Web Application Proxy Role Service
- Lesson 3: Configuring the WAP and Publishing Applications
Lab : Web Application Proxy
- Understand the features and benefits of Web Application Proxy (WAP).
- Install and configure WAP.
- Publish and connect to applications using WAP.
Module 5: Mobile Device Management Security
- Lesson 1: Overview of Enterprise and Mobile Device Management Security
- Lesson 2: Hardening the Mobile Device Management Infrastructure
Lab : Securing the MDM Infrastructure and Communications
- Understand security in the enterprise.
- See how previously discussed MDM technologies are secured.
- Harden the security infrastructure for mobile devices.
Module 6: Mobile Device Lifecycle and Application Management
- Lesson 1: Mobile Device Lifecycle Management
- Lesson 2: Configuring the SCCM Windows InTune Connector
- Lesson 3: Mobile Device Application Management
Lab : Managing Mobile Devices with SCCM and Windows InTune
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Understand the Microsoft Exchange Connector.
- Connect System Center Configuration Manager to Windows InTune.
- Manage applications for mobile devices.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge.
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- Basic experience with a mobile device and mobile operating system.
- Basic understanding of device management fundamentals.
April 12 2021
Date: from April 12th to April 13th
July 12 2021
Date: from July 12th to July 13th