ODB18D - Backup and recovery
Durée: 5 jours
The student begins by gaining a deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a DBA – backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with implementation in various ways and situations are covered in detail. Students gain knowledge of the Recovery Manager (RMAN) command-line interface for various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios, including data duplication.
Extensive hands-on practices and workshop scenarios provide the student with experience in a realistic technical environment. This course includes an interactive workshop that provide participants with opportunities to diagnose and recover from several failure scenarios, based on backup and recovery case studies.
After completing this course, students should be able to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures.
- Develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
- Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
- Diagnose and repair data failures.
- Use flashback technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
- Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL (for DBA use)
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 18c
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating system
- Oracle Database 18c: Administration Workshop
9 novembre 2020
Date: from November 9th to November 13th